4.Panormo

Panormo is 20 kilometres from Rethimno and is a coastal village with important tourist infrastructure. It is reported in 1900 census under the name Kasteli.

During the beginning of previous century it was a major commercial harbour for the export of goods produced in Milopotamos region. Panormo was a major commercial network until the manufacture of motorway Rethimno – Heraklion when the commercial activities were transferred to Perama.

In the South-west of Panormo in 1948 the 5th century paleochristian basilica were turned up which was dedicated in Saint Sofia.

At the renovated Locust mill during the summertime cultural events are organised.